- 1000 grams (2.2 pounds) anthotyros cheese or sweet Myzithra cheese or Ricotta cheese
- 4 big eggs lightly beaten
- 400 grams (14.11 oz) of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- pinch of cinnamon for garnish
Just a few healthy ingredients and you create a delicious dessert! It is easily done. It’s origins come from the island of Sifnos but there are many versions. Here we will present it plain with all the taste and the nutritional value. If you cannot find Myzithra cheese you can use Ricotta cheese as a substitute.
In a large bowl by using a fork, mix well the cheese, the honey, the eggs and the teaspoon of cinnamon.
Place the mixture in a pan (32 cm – 12.5”) and sprinkle with one pinch of cinnamon.
Bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 200 0 C (392 0 F).
Enjoy it plain or with extra honey on top. Serve it with a cold sweet wine or liqueur.