- 4 zucchinis sliced
- 1 big onion chopped
- 4 eggplants sliced
- 2 potatoes peeled and sliced
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- ½ cup of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of fresh oregano
- 300 grams (0.66 pounds) of can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
All we need is a variety of fresh seasonal vegetables. It is an easily prepared dish, ideal for the summer. It can be eaten hot or even better cold.
Mix all the sliced, chopped and diced vegetables in the casserole. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped tomatoes, water, oil, sugar and the herbs. Cover the casserole.
Bake at 200 0 C (392 0 F).
While baking, add water if necessary. Bake until all vegetables are tender about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Uncover the casserole in the last 10 minutes. We want a crispy and brown result on the top.
Combine the dish with feta cheese or olive oils.